Sunday, March 18, 2012


      Today I met Adan. He comes from el jefe and the gang. He told me the whereabouts of mi hermano, Eloy.  It has become worse than I thought- that is, the news of xseño has floated to everyone in this town. I didn’t know the effects had gotten those two or three users so hyped that they went and told their families and all their friends. Word has gotten out, and now, even mi madre knows. She is broken between proud and scared. Proud because this is what mi padre had wanted for me, to event something beautiful. Scared, because people have been coming to our doorway with good stuff and monstrous. At first I held una pala, something metal we use for digging, however Adan explained in a hurry that he knew where Eloy was hidden. Adan turned his pockets outward and showed me all his supplies. He was clean, and for now I will take his word but I still keep QuiQue close, watching Adan’s moved, just in case. There can be no chances these days.  QuiQue is young, but he has better sense than his brother Eloy. He is more like me in this way.                

No comments:

Post a Comment