Sunday, March 18, 2012

      The world xseño has gotten terrifyingly real. Today a young child fell into the river and it was too late before the other children saw or the other parents noticed. We all came running. I wish I could have done more. His padre y madre were absolutely ruined, and they next day they wanted to attribute his death to the fault of someone else in the community for not watching over close enough. There was much bickering and Paula tried to make things calm, but soon enough they all turned to me. I was astonished. Paula bowed her head and then raised it to give me a nod. She, as well expected me to take demand, to say who was responsible! I was embarrassed and fearful, who was I to say? They told me, that I was their leader, I was their creator. I tried to deny this but Paula shut my mouth and took me by the arm, pulling me a aside. She told the others that I needed time to think. I needed time to understand. Paula had some tolerance though. She was patient and told me that I invented the communal system they live in today and I must decide who blame falls on. I told the people that blame falls on no one, and accidents happen. The people looked confused and some of them angry, but I thought myself true. I am not sure if I am doing the right thing. Have I created the right thing? I was happy to wake up, and now I am hesitant to go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment