Saturday, February 5, 2000

The first shuttle crash happened yesterday. They said it was impossible, but we were all proved wrong. Six hundred turned to stars, which may seem like a lot, though somehow it doesn't.  My people say they are afraid to fly now, that they will bare the weight of this world a few years longer. Mi madre cried at meal, and I think she is worried that mi padre will never come home. I stopped thinking he could. I tried to comfort mi madre and I tried to feel concern, but my world is being created fast, and there is so much to tell.

The drug is solid and clear. If i were to drop it to the dirt, I'd never find that pill again. That's alright though, I've already produced hundreds. This is how it happened the first time I took xseño: I woke up and the world was white. Shimmering, really. When I stepped, this silver dust fell down in front of my feet. It stuck to the ground, it wouldn't budge, not when I dropped onto my hand and knees and tried to blow it away. I did not know where I would go, I just kept walking, and the silver dust showed a path. And then I saw it. I saw the grass. It sprung up everywhere, it covered the ground, and it was green! The real green, mi abuela had spoken about. The brightness came from the sky and when I looked around, I saw it was blue- I knew it was blue. Blue, blue! Like mi hermanas eyes, azul like the sky!

Then these spots of smoke formed in the air, white and fluffy, like my blanket I had when I was only un niño that mi madre bargained su salsa de chocolate for. Her homemade salsa de chocolate, was a prize for my people. The blanket was brown and musty but mi madre, she cleaned it up, and it came out a nice grey. Those things in the sky, they looked so good, like I could sleep on them, like I could jump up and down on them. When I wished that, that's just what happened. They came down softly next to me and I was able to get on to it, while it floated back into the sky. I looked down at the green and I followed the path of silver, it came upon structures all white and shiny, some like the pill, solid and clear. I told the white form to bring me there. It is all too amazing to describe now. I will say, that when I woke it had been a couple days, but my clock told me it had only been six hours. I must get to sleep, I have a big day tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment