Wednesday, February 9, 2000



It became clear that I could control the natural things, but much of the world had been here long before I had- and this, I had no control over. It will all be difficult to explain, but I will attempt. Every building seemed like un huevo- three fourths of an oval protruding from the ground. The skins of the houses were glossy white, or clear, and all of a form of glass and as I looked around green plants and shoots with appendages sprouted up around me. These plants carried so much color. Yes, color! Full of patterns and streak and light. I have never seen it like this, but I recognized it all from mi abuela’s stories that this is what filled in borders sucked some happy feeling from our eyes and into our hearts. The buildings sat in an area beneath the hills that shot waterfalls from its edges, and glittery clear water gathered in pockets and crevices of rocks and valleys.

I saw this all in the first day, but what I could never imagine, was that there were others. At first I didn’t believe it to be true. Everything was quiet and still. No life seemed as though it had touched this world. I knew it was my world and I thought only the objects inside it were to my projection, but this was untrue. The first building I walked into was just as pristine as it was outside. The inside was made up of compartments, like giant square cubbies all along the inside of the shell. No means to get to each compartment were present, although tables, beds, cushions, and chairs seemed to be everywhere within them. The bed like areas were towards the top and dining areas towards the bottom. When I looked up through the building the convex ceiling turned from its glossy white to clear and I could see the sky above me as it drew in oranges intertwined with the fluff and the deep azul I recognized from earlier.

It was just then that a figure came from the side and frightened me, I took steps back, forgetting my control of this place. I remember the sky jetting to black and a lightening bolt striking the house, which scared me even more. All this man said is “Do not be afraid,” and something inside me calmed and the sky turned to a light pink. The man carried a tray of food and drink, but I didn’t dare touch- at first. I thought about the possibilities of my mind tricking me into consuming something to overcome this state of mind, or what I was eating in my real world, or if I could eat at all- if the affect of sustenance could carry over in my real body. That is, if this wasn’t my real body. Even so, I finally accepted the drink, and when I did out came a hundred others from the world xseño. 

No comments:

Post a Comment