Sunday, April 1, 2012

     Yesterday, Adan has come with his hermana y madre. Mi madre has stopped asking questions. She knows something is wrong, and she took Adan’s family in without question. His house has to be abandoned Adan insisted that they be in hiding. El jefe and his gang kept coming back to Adan’s madre and questioning her. Pretty soon, Adan told me, he will not take ‘no se’ from mi madre any longer.

This is not the only troubling part.
     Tonight, two more brothers from el Jefe have come to stay. The first was one of the messengers, a young boy that had asked me for answers on his last visit. Su llama es Zucár. The other boy is older, as old as me and close with Adan, now that he is here. (Adan must have been communicating secretly with this one.) Su llama es Osbaldo. Adan says we must move tomorrow, he has a plan and I must prepare mi familia. Am I suppose to trust Adan? He gives me little choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment