Sunday, April 1, 2012


     Anton was right, two days after the conversation with him two messengers appeared at the doorway to collect. Mi madre offered guava, but the messengers shook their heads and thanked her, surprisingly respectful. They only asked to speak to me. Adan must have heard their steps and hid. I invited them in to my Kitchen and mi madre disappeared to the neighbors con los niños. They told me el Jefe wants to see me, and he wants the twenty pills now. I told them that I needed more time, that it took me weeks to produce one pill. Of course this was a lie, and they did not believe it. They told me if I did not produce him thirty pills by the end of the week, then Eloy’s fingers would start to be cut off. Mi pobre hermano. I cannot believe I listened to Adan. He told me I did the right thing, but I will give them the pills when they come back, I cannot have mi hermano suffer like this. 
     Something was curious though, there was one young messenger, he stopped on the way out. He asked me, “Is it true then, you have the drug to solve this world?” At first the older messengers glared at the young boy as though he had done something terribly wrong by asking that, but then they only looked at me for my answer. I was confused, I don’t understand what people have been thinking so I only responded that I did not think so. I am so worried about mi hermano, but Adan tells me he has a plan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment