Monday, April 30, 2012


I have not visited the world xseño in a week and the people have gotten a bit bitter. But what am I to do? In the world at home, an army is being formed under my same roof. My young sisters have learned how to work in a homemade army and a homemade drug shop- my younger brothers have learned to be skilled in the trade. Osbaldo’s old house is in a clearing in the woods, away from the city center. Adan has began bargaining for the houses next to us. We are starting a new community. He is trading pills for certain herbs and any crops that people can grow on this dry land. He has send out chico’s to find a water source- and they have found one. Things are changing so rapidly, and so my mind is occupied here.
In xseño Paula says the people have wondered if I really am their creator. Of course I am their creator! I was the one who made the pill; I was the one who took the pill. What other world would be in my mind if it was not my own? The people here look anxious as they await what I will do or say next. It seems I must find a way to spend more time in xseño so I do not loose this world too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment