Monday, April 30, 2012


      When I return to the world xseño days are glorious. The people, my people, treat me like a king, although sometimes I wish they would not. Last night we had a feast. We sat outside on big rock tables that came up from the ground. Everyone was there and Paula sat next to me. Our cups were always filled with a special kind of zumo, it made my head soar into the air and my feet tingle. We stayed up late into the night. There are two things I do not understand. First, Paula brought me to a separate chamber, apart from the community. What is this chamber? Second, I began to tell Paula about the problems in the real world, and when I got so flustered she kissed me on the lips. Well, it went a bit further than this. What will this mean for us? Can one man stand so much in one lifetime?

No comments:

Post a Comment